The University of Nicosia seeks a full stack developer experienced with web development. The candidate will be responsible for the in-house project developments using Node.js Express with the use of MongoDB database and front-end implementation. It is imperative for the candidates to be familiar with designing modular applications/programs that communicate with various systems. The applicant will be working alongside UI/UX designers to implement new front-end layouts and also working with back-end engineers for design and implementation of APIs.
- Develop and maintain the assigned modules
- Maintaining, expanding, and scaling existing in-house built web applications
- Manage the MongoDB database
- Develop new modules by creating the backend and the frontend interfaces
- Developing quality assurance procedures
- Maintaining and upgrading existing systems
- Contribute to system documentation
- Working closely with other developers, UX designers, business and systems analysts
- BSc/MSc degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other relevant areas
- Experienced with Node.js and the Express framework
- Experienced with MongoDB
- Experienced with Net, PHP, CSS, and HTML.
- Experienced with agile software development methodologies (SCRUM, XP, Kandan)
- Proven work experience with REST APIs
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to write clean, easy to understand code
Additional Qualifications that will be considered as advantageous:
- Proven 3+ years of enterprise application development
- Familiarity with DevOps practices (CI/CD)
- Familiarity with project management (e.g. JIRA)
- Familiarity with development practices like unit testing, integration testing, etc.
- Familiarity with cloud services (e.g. AWS)
- Experience with React.js
- Highly self‐motivated, goal orientated, and self‐directed
- Demonstrated ability to operate and innovate in a small team with a fast‐paced environment, balancing both strategic and tactical needs
- Organizational skills to manage multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines
- Training and coaching skills
- Professionalism, dependability, integrity and trustworthiness combined with a cooperative attitude
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
Information and Application
For a formal application, please submit your CV accompanied by a cover letter through our online recruitment system http://vacancies.unic.ac.cy/.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.